Image Map

April 30, 2014

Funky Fingers - Berried Treasure, Fro Yo, Puffo Gelato and Mint Choco-Chip Swatches & Reviews

So yeaaaah, these polishes have been around for a while. They were on clearance at my local Five Below for 5/$5 so I was like what the hay-hay.

What the hay-hay indeed.

Funky Fingers - Berried Treasure, Fro Yo, Puffo Gelato and Mint Choco-Chip

I tend to overlook Funky Fingers as a brand, mostly because my first experience with them made me go 'meh'. I've since gotten a few colors that are actually quite excellent, and for the normal price of 3/$5 it's hard to be too upset with them if they're not, like, a-maaa-zing, you know?

Three of the four polishes (Berried Treasure, Fro Yo and Mint Choco-Chip) consist of a milky crelly base with various sizes of black and sheer white hex glitter, while the other (Puffo Gelato) is a crelly base with only black hex glitter in various smaller sizes. The glitter with these dudes (with the exception of Puffo Gelato) was all kind of clumped at the bottom, and I struggled to get an even amount of it out, as you can see in my pictures. I would have liked them a lot more if their glitter was like PG.


First up is Berried Treasure, the sheerest of the bunch. The soft, little-puppy-nose pink is sweet and feminine but even after three coats you can still see bald patches on the nail.

Shown below is three coats with topcoat.

Funky Fingers - Berried Treasure


Funky Fingers - Berried Treasure


Fro Yo is a pastel purple. The formula was better with this one in terms of sheerness. The white glitters, consequentially, weren't very noticeable as a result.

Shown below is three coats with topcoat.

Funky Fingers - Fro Yo

Funky Fingers - Fro Yo


Puffo Gelato is my favorite, and not just because it's blue. This one is the most egg-speckly, least sheer and lacks the white glitter (which, honestly, they all could have done without since the glitter is also sheer). I muuuch prefer the smaller glitter in this type of polish; the distribution ends up being more even and more interesting to look at, in my humble opinion.

Shown below is three coats with topcoat.

Funky Fingers - Puffo Gelato

Funky Fingers - Puffo Gelato


Finally there's Mint Choco-Chip. It's, uh, mint green and like, just below Berried Treasure on the sheerness scale. I've said the word 'sheer' like, a hundred times I feel like. It's just such a better word than 'milky'... gag. Anyway, I don't know. It's a nice color and all of that. Things.

Shown below is three coats with topcoat

Funky Fingers - Mint Choco-Chip

Funky Fingers - Mint Choco-Chip


So there you go, guys. Swatches of an older set of polishes you can probably still find at your Five Below, possibly on clearance. I don't hate these but I'm not in love with them either. I like the idea of them, you know? I wish the glitter was more eager to hang out with me, on my nails. OKAY BUT FOR A DOLLAR. Okay, I know. For a dollar each, they're cool.


2 comments:

  1. Agreed, the blue is definitely the best. Three coats and still patchy on the others...no thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If these were even just a SMIDGE less sheer, I would have liked them way more. I love squishy/jelly polishes but not if it takes 4+ layers to eliminate VNL.

      Delete