Image Map

February 1, 2014

Ulta - Material Girl Swatch & Review

TEN PEOPLE LIKED MY FACEBOOK PAGE FOR LBOL. I am over the dang moon!!

I, um, painted all ten of my nails in celebration! ...

Sooo today we've got a polish from Ulta called Material Girl. I picked this up when they were having a sale so it was only, like, $2 I want to say. I'm pretty all right with that.

Material Girl reminds me of polishes from Zoya's Ornate and Zenith collections, namely Peyton. I don't own Peyton (yet) but judging from swatches, Material Girl appears to be brighter and possibly more berry-leaning than Peyton. Also, Material Girl dries quite gritty unlike the Zoyas I do own from those collections, but a layer of Essie G2G smoothed it out.

Below shows three coats of Material Girl with topcoat. The formula was kind of thick but workable, and a third coat was definitely needed for me to get to an even finish but if you've got steadier hands and less suckitude you could probably get away with just two.





You can't really go wrong with scattered holo in a jelly base in my book. My book called 'things I enjoy about nail polish'.

No comments:

Post a Comment