Image Map

February 12, 2014

Finger Paints - Hammered Terra Cotta Swatch & Review

I have one of the new textured additions to the Finger Paints core line today called Hammered Terra Cotta. True to its name, HTC is a textured metallic copper (think brand new penny) with small gold hex glitter. Application was a breeze, free of texture bump-clumps and opaque in 2 coats.

The first two pictures shows two coats only. The color is brighter and more metallic looking in real life.




(I forgot to take a third picture without topcoat. Oopsie.)

The next set of pictures shows two coats with a coat of Essie G2G on top. I KNOW I STILL NEED TO GET GELLOUS.





Top coat deepens the color and gives it more of that terra cotta shade. I really like this polish overall-- it's one of those colors that when it's on I find myself looking at throughout the day, all finger-wiggly and stuff. I love the addition of the gold glitter. My only qualm is that I wish the bottle had any indication that this was a texture polish. I know there are a couple others, but there are a few colors that I'm not sure whether they're just glitters or what. As much time as I spend with nail polish, you'd think I'd be able to tell these things.


No comments:

Post a Comment