Image Map

February 19, 2014

Influenster J'Adore VoxBox Review

Hey!

So, on Valentine's Day my boyfriend got me him having the stomach flu and was in the hospital for two days, and then our kids decided to follow suit and I've been puked on three times now and I have somehow managed to avoid getting it, full blown-style, KNOCK ON SO MUCH WOOD (God bless Zofran).

So, I mean, stomach flu > blogging and sorry. They're all on the mend, thanks for asking. :D

I was invited to join Influenster a few months ago and I wasn't confident that it would amount to much, but a couple weeks ago I was told I qualified for my first VoxBox! Pumped!!

I took a survey just to make super sure I was fit for the box -- J'Adore VoxBox, Valentine's Day kind -- and then I got a tracking number and bam, pink box on my doorstep.

This marks the very first time I've been sent free products for review! Did I mention pumped?!


Better than the stomach flu.

Included in my J'Adore VoxBox waaaas:

1. A big-ass bag of Hershey's Kisses (which, let's be real, who doesn't love?)
2. Four individual bags of Red Rose Tea in Creme Caramel and Lemon Chiffon
3. Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask
4. John Frieda Frizz Ease Flat Iron Spray
5. Kiss 'Looks So Natural' Eyelashes.

Thus far I've tried the Creme Caramel tea which, since I had been avoiding caffeine for a couple days as to not completely destroy my stomach, was a pretty delicious transition back into caffeine. Not too bitter, with a definite sweet caramel presence. I'm way more into coffee than tea on a regular basis but I'd seriously be okay with buying this for when I am feeling tea-y.

I don't have the frizziest hair in the world, just thin and split-endsy, so I'm not sure how the John Frieda Flat Iron Spray is going to work with my hair, but I'm interested in finding out nonetheless.

My skin tends to get super dry in the winter (though this year I've been loads better about staying hydrated) so it's not at its shiniest, but the Boots clay mask also claims to remove impurities and deeply cleanse in addition to shine removal. I'm excited to try it.

Aaaand finally my eyelashes straight up suck. They're thin and sparse and sad and decidedly un-come-hithery (not unlike the rest of my entire awkward existence). I've tried false lashes in the past and they made my eyes look like those of a drag queen's. My boyfriend, however, has the eyelashes of effing Aphrodite and they kind of give mine a complex. Maybe with the Kiss lashes, they'll be able to feel confidence for the first time in their stupid, thin and sparse lives.

Oh, um, and I'm eating the kisses now.


No comments:

Post a Comment