Image Map

March 7, 2014

The Polish Bar - Shiny Pebbles Swatch & Review

Frans.

I've had two nail breaks in the last four days; the ring finger of my swatch hand and the middle finger of the other. I'm right-handed so my right hand's nails don't usually ever get to grow past the very tip of my finger because of how gawky-handed I am. I do believe I've mentioned this.

Also my skin is soooo dryyyy. This Ohio Winter has been rough. I'm ready for Spring and flowers and sunshine and.. allergies. The bad with the good, blah blah blah.

I hadn't heard of The Polish Bar prior to seeing Shiny Pebbles on a Pinterest ISO board. I pinned the crap out of it and went about my business as I had just enforced a no-buy. So lame, no-buys. Anyway, after a few polish sales, I kicked that no-buy in its stupid face and bought a couple polishes from my want-list and Shiny Pebbles was one of them. Glitter in a milky base will forever be my favorite polish genre, however much I hate the word "milky". Ugh.

Shiny Pebbles is a milky white base packed with orange, light orange and brown hex glitter in varying small sizes and turquoise small square and micro glitter. The result is a non-literal translation of what reminds me of river rocks and it is so great.

The formula, despite the amount of glitter, is smooth and super easy to work with and reaches opacity in two medium coats. I used three thin coats over a coat of Rejuvacote, finished off with another layer of Rejuvacote. I need more fast-dry topcoat ASAP-- my Essie G2G has turned into a gloopy disaster and I finally accept that, sigh.





So, uh, yeah. I love it. There is such an ungodly amount of awesome indie polish out there, a lot of which I'm sure I'm not even aware of yet. 

It looks like Shiny Pebbles is out of stock (and I'm not sure if it's going to be restocked anytime soon or what) but you can see and purchase other lovely polishes by The Polish Bar here.

No comments:

Post a Comment