Image Map

March 26, 2014

OPI - I Like Boys-enberries Swatch & Review

Hi! I like hi. I'm sticking with hi.



I received this polish in that Valentine's Day swap I told you about. It's called I Like Boys-enberries, and I guess it's just the renamed, unaffiliated version of The One That Got Away from the Katy Perry collection (you can read more about that here).

On a side note: I didn't know that places like TJ Maxx and Marshalls were a haven for mysterious polishes. I just saw the most beautiful swatch of an Orly texture polish called Pink Crystal (looky here!) which apparently wasn't mass-produced. A mainstream oops! I went to Marshalls today and found nothing exciting, sigh. But then I went to K-Mart and bought a bottle of Essie G2G and Apricot Cuticle Oil for $2 each. So, that ruled.

I Like Boys-enberries is a vibrant raspberry glass fleck. It reminds me of Christmas... wrapping paper specifically, I think. Application was delightful-- no problems to report. There are a few areas of slight transparency in certain light but it's nothing major. For as pigmented as this polish is, I would have guaranteed that clean-up would have left my cuticles pink, but that was not the case, even a little bit.

Shown below is three thin coats with a layer of Essie G2G on top. 





Once upon a time I saw an OPI polish packaged with one of those bangle bracelets with the little polish bottle charm simply called "Blue". I wish I would have got it, as I can't find anything about it online anywhere. Plus it was a nice shade of blue, to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment