Image Map

July 7, 2013

New Blog! First Post! There's Gonna Be Nail Polish!

The story of a girl without nails who started a blog about nail polish.
  1. No, I do have nails but they're short because I bite bit them.
  2. Because there aren't already 32463854354364 nail polish blogs written by those who actually, you know, know about the subject matter.

All right. So, hi guys. I'm Brandy. I'm 27 and a SAHM with a one-year-old (almost) whom I birthed and a five-year-old whom I did not. They're both very handsome fellows.

Because you're just dying to know, I love these things in addition to nail polish: video games, printmaking, general crafty things, owls, the color cerulean blue.

OKAY AND HOW I GOT STARTED ON OBSESSIVELY COLLECTING NAIL POLISH EVEN WITHOUT POSSESSING BEAUTIFUL, HEALTHY, LONG NAILS:
My pretty much sister-in-law works at a dermatologist's office, attached to which is a fancy little boutique. I see her one day with tiny flecks of real flippin' gold stuck all over her nails and I'm all "whaaa?" and she's all "Zoya: Gilty" and being that I'm, like, part crow or whatever the sparkly receptors in my brain went cray and I had to own it. I don't even like gold, really. And then she let me paint my nails with her not-crappy polish collection (using a base coat and top coat, neither of which I had ever used before because I'm a nail-hobo) and the rest is history. I don't have an impressive collection by any means but it continues to grow unreasonably often. I'm still learning the tricks of the trade and the terminology (just today I found out what "crelly" and "greige" are and my spell-check thinks I'm stupid) but I. Love. Nail. Polish. Doing things with my nails is pretty much the one aspect of my life that I have legitimate control over. Plus there are so many colors. Plus spaaarklessss.

So, there you have it. Let's see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. I heart your blog! NEEDS MOAR POSTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ I've become postily lackadaisical. Needs more hours in the day. :/

    ReplyDelete