Image Map

July 25, 2014

My Favorite Sandwich

Charlie can't say "french toast sticks" (what a dummy... I mean, he's two now for goodness sake) so he calls them boo-boo sticks, whiiiich is pretty cute. I eat three of them and I'm full, and he's going on number five at the moment. Baby Update: done.


My life has consisted of these three things lately:



...though I've not actually played the Zelda one yet because I'm still, you know, catching 'em all. My boyfriend-given birthday 3DS isn't going to waste, anyway! I may or may not have ordered a decal from eBay in the shape of the Hylian Crest for to decorate my 3DS, because just having the 3DS doesn't proclaim my legitimate nerd-ness clearly enough, being an almost 30-year-old woman and all.

So then. Once upon a time, Bruegger's Bagel Bakery used to have this bagel sandwich called The Mediterranean, back in the early 00s. It consisted of a, uh, bagel stuffed with muenster cheese, lettuce, red onions, hummus and this sundried tomato spread that I would have eaten with a spoon out of the dang jar given the chance. I'm pretty sure the bagel was a cheese-kind, too. Of course it was discontinued, liiiike every food that I fall madly in love with (other such delicious things include Jones Chocolate Fudge Soda, Doritos "The Quest" Mountain Dew Flavored Chips [which, to be fair, was just a promotional thing] and Taco Bell mother effing 1/2 lb Cheesy Bean and Rice Burritos). Jesus, a real picture of healthy cuisine over here. Whatever, food.

We're moving an hour north next Wednesday and I'm nervous and excited and nervous. The kid wants to play, which I can tell by his grabbing my hands and whining, trying to close the laptop and saying "pum on!!!" (translation: come on). We're gonna go play with cars, okay?

Happy Friday!




4 comments:

  1. Oh man, if Bruegger's ever stops making the Leonardo Da Veggie I'll seriously freak out! I'm still upset by Ruby Tuesday discontinuing their Tall Cake... it was this massive conglomeration of chocolate cake, ice cream, and chocolate mousse/frosting and it was crazy good. Yeeaahh, they stopped making it *years* ago... I still crave it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of discontinued chocolate desserts, this local restaurant called The Pufferbelly had this thing a few years back called a chocolate snowball which was this golfball-sized effing decadent lump covered in a huge mound of whipped cream, which I guess maybe sounds kind of unimpressive, but I can't even describe the chocolate deliciously enough. It had chocolate liquor in it, and it was kind of fudge-y textured but less dense, and it felt cool on the tongue but it wasn't frozen or anything. I don't even know, man. It was some kind of confectionary witchcraft. Anyway now I'm craving the heck out of that, sigh sigh sigh.

      Delete
  2. Dude, that sounds crazy good! It also sounds difficult to make at home... which is a bummer of a combination. : (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried looking up a recipe, and it's not like the place they served it at is a well known-enough establishment to have any sort of copycat recipe, like, database. I wouldn't even know what to search for! Ha.

      Delete