Image Map

December 21, 2013

Peppermint Stripe Nails

Have I talked about how much I love when things look like things? Like, things that don't ordinarily look like the things they're currently looking like make me so happy. For example, human nails that look like candy canes. Loooooves it.

I applied 2 coats of Scherer Chameleon - Dreams (which in its own right is pretty sweet. I haaaaayeeeet pearl finishes, but this one wasn't so awful, plus the color shift from pink to green with the white base is, like, pretty, you know?) with a coat of Essie - Waltz over it. Waltz is transparent enough that you can see Dreams under it, but opaque enough to hide the pearl finish and add some substance. The result looked like pulled candy, or like a candy cane with the red off. Exactly what I was going for, which never happens the first time around.

Some striping tape, a layer of China Glaze - Ruby Pumps and a couple coats of Essie Good to Go finished the jorb.




I hopped on the DIY nail polish ornaments bandwagon too. That guy has 2 coats of China Glaze - L8R G8R all up ins. YOLO!!!

So anyway, I probably won't post again for another like 8 years, so uh, Merry Christmas (or whatever) and Happy New Year and all of that. XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment